One-to-one and two-to-one English lessons
Learning one to one or in very small groups is the quickest way to improve your English. You will receive the personal attention you need to move your English to the next level.
1:1, 2:1 or 3:1 lessons and tutorials (face to face) are at your accommodation, place of work or a quiet cafe in the Oxford area. For Skype lessons, please contact me to discuss days and times.
- Each lesson is normally 1.5 hours (general, exam, business, academic English etc).
- One-to-one lessons are usually once or twice a week but more frequently is often possible.
- An English course is normally a minimum of 6 hours of lessons but I also offer single one-to-one sessions for very intensive exam, job interview or presentation preparation.
- There is no maximum length to a course.
- English lessons (face to face) usually start at the following times (Monday to Friday):
10.00, 12.20, 14.30 and 17:00. Additional times may be possible. Just contact me to check.
Types of Lesson
We can focus on any area of English you need or want to work on. It could be fluency, pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar or discussing British culture and history.
Business and Professional English
We will discuss what you need to prioritise so that you can operate more successfully when you use English. For example we could look at telephone and video conferencing, expressing your opinions, negotiating, writing emails, socialising with work contacts, and report writing.
I often train learners for IELTS and Cambridge English tests e.g. Cambridge First and Cambridge Advanced. I will help you focus on the areas you need to improve most (usually writing, grammar and the interview). We can choose a suitable exam book for you to use between lessons. In these lessons it is common for me to formally correct your writing so you can see all your mistakes.
If you are an English teacher, I can help you keep your English up to date and discuss how to teach English in creative but effective ways.